Big day for everyone’s favourite app, instagram, as they launched for Android today.
In the spirit of sharing my love for all things insta, here are my top five favourite tools, courtesy of Statigram! Statigram is a really great site you can use (with an instagram account only) to interact and manage photos while also measuring statistics.
Here’s my Top 5 favourite tools for instagram:
- Public URL - create a username and you can direct people to see all of your instagram photos and comments online.
- Timeline box - If you are as obsessed with Facebook Timeline apps for your personal profile as I am, you will love this! It’s not officially by instagram, but it will do until then. (I just edited my box to only show my most recent photo and not all the likes/followers information).
- Instagram Feed for Facebook Pages: I just learned about this in #HSUchat today! If you have an instagram account for your business, adding this app to your new Facebook Page is a great way to showcase your photos to a wider audience if you don’t want to constantly share them to your wall. Check out brand examples here.
- You can also create your cover using your instagram photos!
- RSS Feed - and finally, you can import the feed of your photos via Statigram’s simple RSS.
Bonus! My friend Helen (who just became a suggested user on instagram!!) made me aware of this really great tumblr theme to present your instagram photos in a beautiful way. If you can work a little magic with html you can upload it to your tumblr page, or create a specific one around a theme.
I made this tumblr for portraits of my friends since I use multiple tumblr blogs. You can still use the toggle, or you can use ifttt to automatically send your photos. Up to you! Just a fun piece to get creative with.
P.S. if you aren’t already, follow me on instagram: taylor_loren
but, “Cupcake Feminism: Why Pinterest is more than just Reddit for girls” has been sent in to the Northern Voice panel!
Here’s hoping I’ll get the opportunity to speak again :)